By Earle Castledine
- A functional, hands-on advisor to utilizing jQuery
- Ready-to-use top perform solutions
- Includes entire operating code
- Fully up-to-date for jQuery 1.6
Pro Node.js for Developers presents a entire advisor to this intriguing new expertise. We introduce you to Node – what it's, why it concerns and the way to set it up – sooner than diving deeply into the most important recommendations and APIs that underpin its operation.
Once you will have mastered those abilities we’ll move additional, educating you extra complicated software program engineering talents that would provide your code a qualified part. You’ll methods to create simply reusable modules that may prevent time via code reuse, to log and debug your functions fast and successfully and to write down code that might scale simply and reliably because the call for in your program grows.
By Wendy Willard
Web design simply received a lot EASIER!
It's a no brainer! You'll find out how to:
• Create layout mockups that meet the venture goals
• Add pictures and multimedia with HTML
• Style textual content, lists, hyperlinks, and varieties with CSS
• Integrate HTML and CSS for layout
• Improve your site's seek engine ranking
• Code HTML for e-mail
Simple adequate for a newbie, yet demanding sufficient for an intermediate person, website design Demystified promises the instruments you must create profitable websites.
By Eric Sarrion
With the jQuery UI library, you could observe the facility and criteria of jQuery to person interface layout, whole with interactive parts, animation, and themeable widgets. This concise, code-heavy consultant demonstrates how one can harness interactive positive factors that HTML5 lacks, together with tabs, accordions, and conversation bins. You’ll additionally tips on how to software universal yet advanced initiatives, corresponding to coping with drag and drop and autocomplete, that make it more uncomplicated for clients to engage together with your site.
This publication covers the subsequent extensions in model 1.8:
- Tab management
- Accordion menus
- Dialog boxes
- Progress bars
- Date pickers
- Drag and drop management
- Selection, resizing, and switching of elements
- New visible effects
By Phil Ballard
Learn how one can…
- Build greater, extra interactive interfaces in your internet functions
- Compile an Ajax program
- Create and eat net prone with cleaning soap and relaxation
- Avoid universal mistakes and troubleshoot courses
- Use well known Ajax libraries to hurry up and enhance universal programming tasks
On the CD
- XAMPP for home windows, Mac OS X, and Linux—an easy-to-install package deal to establish a personal home page- and MySQL-enabled Apache server in your machine
- The jEdit programming editor for home windows, Mac, and Linux
- A entire Ajax, HTML, XML, and personal home page instructional reference library in searchable PDF structure
- Source code for the examples within the book
Phil Ballard is a software program engineering advisor and developer focusing on site and intranet layout and improvement for a world portfolio of consumers. He has an honors measure from the college of Leeds, England, and has labored for a number of years in advertisement and managerial roles within the excessive know-how sector.
Michael Moncur is a contract webmaster and writer. He runs a community of web sites and has written numerous bestselling books approximately net improvement, networking, certification courses, and databases.
Category: Web Development
User Level: Beginning–Intermediate
By Harvey M. Deitel, Paul Deitel, Abbey Deitel
Web & world-wide-web the right way to software, 5/e is acceptable for either introductory and intermediate-level client-side and server-side programming classes. The ebook is additionally appropriate for pros who are looking to replace their talents with the most recent net and internet programming technologies.
By Mark Pilgrim
If you do not know concerning the new positive factors on hand in HTML5, now could be the time to determine. the most recent model of this markup language goes to seriously switch how you advance internet purposes, and this publication presents your first actual examine HTML5's new components and attributes.
- Display video at once within the browser, with no need to depend on plugins
- Work even if a person is offline, by means of profiting from HTML5's power garage
- Offer a drawing canvas for dynamically generated 2-D pics
This concise consultant is the main whole and authoritative ebook you can find at the topic. writer Mark Pilgrim writes the weekly digest for the HTML5 operating workforce, and represents Google at meetings on HTML5's services. remain sooner than the curve. Order a replica of this ebook today.
Five stuff you should still find out about HTML5
by means of Mark Pilgrim
1. It’s now not one large thing. you could good ask: “How am i able to commence utilizing HTML5 if older browsers don’t help it?” however the query itself is deceptive. HTML5 isn't really one gigantic factor; it's a choice of person positive factors. so that you can’t notice “HTML5 support,” simply because that doesn’t make any experience. yet you can discover aid for person beneficial properties, like canvas, video, or geolocation.
bankruptcy 2 and Appendix A will educate you the way to correctly become aware of aid for every new HTML5 function.
2. You don’t have to throw whatever away. like it or hate it, you can’t deny that HTML four is the main profitable markup structure ever. HTML5 builds on that luck. You don’t have to throw away your present markup. You don’t have to relearn belongings you already understand. in case your net software labored the day before today in HTML four, it's going to nonetheless paintings at the present time in HTML5. interval.
Now, so one can increase your internet functions, you’ve come to the ideal position. Here’s a concrete instance: HTML5 helps all of the shape controls from HTML four, however it additionally contains new enter controls. a few of these are long-overdue additions like sliders and date pickers; others are extra sophisticated. for instance, the e-mail enter variety seems to be similar to a textual content field, yet cellular browsers will customise their onscreen keyboard to assist you style e mail addresses. Older browsers that don’t help the e-mail enter style will deal with it as a typical textual content box, and the shape nonetheless works without markup alterations or scripting hacks. this implies you can begin enhancing your net types at the present time, no matter if a few of your viewers are caught on IE 6.
learn all of the gory information about HTML5 types in bankruptcy nine.
three. It’s effortless to get started. “Upgrading” to HTML5 could be so simple as altering your doctype. The doctype should still already be at the first line of each HTML web page. earlier models of HTML outlined loads of doctypes, and selecting the correct you will be tough. In HTML5, there's just one doctype: !DOCTYPE html
Upgrading to the HTML5 doctype won’t holiday your latest markup, simply because the entire tags outlined in HTML four are nonetheless supported in HTML5. however it will let you use -- and validate -- new semantic components like article, part, header, and footer. You’ll examine all approximately those new components in bankruptcy three.
four. It already works even if you need to draw on a canvas, play video, layout higher kinds, or construct internet functions that paintings offline, you’ll locate that HTML5 is already well-supported. Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, and cellular browsers already aid canvas (Chapter 4), video (Chapter 5), geolocation (Chapter 6), neighborhood garage (Chapter 7), and extra. Google already helps microdata annotations (Chapter 10). Even Microsoft -- hardly ever recognized for blazing the path of criteria aid -- can be assisting such a lot HTML5 good points within the upcoming net Explorer nine.
five. It’s right here to stick. Tim Berners-Lee invented the area huge internet within the early Nineties. He later based the W3C to behave as a steward of net criteria, which the association has performed for greater than 15 years. here's what the W3C needed to say in regards to the way forward for internet criteria, in July 2009:
- Today the Director declares that after the XHTML 2 operating workforce constitution expires as scheduled on the finish of 2009, the constitution usually are not renewed. by means of doing so, and by means of expanding assets within the HTML operating crew, W3C hopes to speed up the development of HTML5 and make clear W3C’s place concerning the way forward for HTML.
HTML5 is the following to stick. Let’s dive in.
By Robin Nixon
This booklet can assist you:
- Understand personal home page necessities and the fundamentals of object-oriented programming
- Master MySQL, from database constitution to advanced queries
- Create websites with Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL by way of integrating varieties and different HTML gains
- Use libraries and programs, together with the Smarty internet template method, PEAR application repository, and the Yahoo! person Interface Library
- Make Ajax calls and switch your site right into a hugely dynamic surroundings
- Upload and control records and pictures, validate person enter, and safe your applications
By Jennifer Niederst Robbins
Do you must construct websites, yet haven't any earlier event? This pleasant consultant is the fitting position to begin. You’ll start at sq. one, studying how the net and web content paintings, after which gradually construct from there. by way of the tip of the publication, you’ll have the abilities to create an easy website with multi-column pages that adapt for cellular devices.
Learn the right way to use the most recent strategies, top practices, and present net standards—including HTML5 and CSS3. each one bankruptcy offers routines that will help you to benefit a number of options, and brief quizzes to ensure you comprehend key concepts.
This completely revised version is perfect for college students and pros of all backgrounds and ability degrees, even if you’re a newbie or brushing up on present skills.
- Build HTML pages with textual content, hyperlinks, photos, tables, and forms
- Use type sheets (CSS) for colours, backgrounds, formatting textual content, web page format, or even uncomplicated animation effects
- Learn concerning the new HTML5 components, APIs, and CSS3 houses which are altering what you are able to do with net pages
- Make your pages reveal good on cellular units by means of making a responsive internet design
- Create and optimize net portraits so they’ll obtain as fast as possible